You can always make a copy of your own DVD to iPod. Converting DVD to iPod is a rather straight forward process. You will require several tools. To convert DVD to iPod you can make use advanced DVD to iPod Converter software, which simplifies the process of convertion and reduces it to several simple steps, or you can use freeware DVD Decrypter and freeware Videora iPod Converter. With this free software and our step-by-step tutorial, you can add any DVD from your collection to your iPod. The conversion process is performed in two steps. First you need to copy your DVD to your hard drive, where you convert it to iPod-compatible format. Next you need to copy the content to your iPod with the help of iTunes.
The steps to convert your DVD are given below.
1. Insert your DVD.
2. Launch DVD Decrypter.
3. Choose IFO in the Mode menu.
4. In Tools menu choose Settings, then select IFO Mode tab.
5. Click the File Splitting field in the Options section. Set it to None.
6. Click the Stream Processing tab (it is in the right section of the interface). Check “Enable Stream Processing”.
7. Then mark first video and audio items. Everything else should remain unchecked.
8. In Destination section which is at the left side, click the folder where you will place your files. We recommend to place it in your Movies folder.
9. Click Decrypt.
10. This procedure requires about 20 minutes. So be patient and prepare to wait.
Step Two requires Videora iPod Converter
1. Launch Videora Converter.
2. On the first screen you see, click “Convert” button , which is in main menu. You will be taken to Convert Section. Ypu’ll see Video File and Online Video. Click the Video File.
3. There is an option to choose from two modes of video converting – Normal Mode and Power Mode. Normal Mode can be used with internet connection. This node is intended for inexperienced users who need the easiest way to convert their videos. Power Mode is used when both offline or online. This mode is for power users who understand technical jargon, and have a precise idea of terms such as MPEG-4, QVGA, H.264, VGA, and so on. Choose the Normal Mode.
4. Select the Video File you want to convert.
5. Select Output Folder location, click “Next”.
6. Choose your video title, click “Next”.
7. Select Video Conversion Settings. You can change each setting as you want. Remebber that video quality, final size, and conversion speed will depend upon the setting you’ll choose. Once you’ve done, click “Next”.
8. Click “Start Converting”.
9. You can even monitor the progress of your file being converted. Just click “View Conversion Progress”.
At the final step it remains to launch iTunes. Copy the movie from your Movies folder to your iPod. That’s all!